Sunday, August 16, 2026

Happy Birthday, Blog!

 Yesterday was the Assumption of Mary. Yesterday was also the 10th anniversary of my blog! I started this blog 10 years ago in hopes of forming and creating some sort of inspiration and goals for myself. I felt a strong sense of loneliness and isolation in where I was at. I hadn't written in blog form for a while and the one I did have for 3 in a half years fizzled out as I felt I had outgrown that season and journey. 

Sometimes a blog you start sticks and you feel that connection, motivation and inspiration to keep going. Other times, it falls flat and what you thought would last and be solid runs out of steam and the string becomes like loose threads. I'm so grateful this blog has been the former. I have shared so many seasons and experiences on here. 

10 years is a good and long chunk of time. So much I feel has happened since then. When I started writing in here, I was still an undergrad student! The journey continued from finishing college, to navigating jobs and the valleys of my 20's, discerning next steps and being a grad student, to 3 in a half years later graduating with my MLIS, to seasons of figuring out next steps in jobs, career goals, forming friendships, community, family reunion and events, dating, reading books, pursuing my faith, learning languages and pursuing creative endeavors, to all the various events and milestones in between. 

Samakti has grown and shaped me and luckily has become so much more than what I had thought or envisioned it would be for me. It felt like a shot in the dark to start this blog after feelings of inspiration and a quick trip to El Salvador for my sister and brother in law's wedding. (And to have recently been there a few weeks ago for their 10-year wedding anniversary!) 

I hope to continue this journey of writing, exploring, inspiration and sharing. It has kept me motivated and encouraged, another way of sharing my writing and savoring memories that I would may not have written down otherwise or had completely forgotten altogether. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Blog!

 Yesterday was the Assumption of Mary. Yesterday was also the 10th anniversary of my blog! I started this blog 10 years ago in hopes of form...